wrapping the purl
Here’s how to wrap a purl stitch for a short row.
1. Work to the stitch you wish to wrap (below)
2. Slide the stitch from the left needle onto the right needle as if to purl.
3. Take the working yarn around the stitch, between the needles to the back side of the work.
4. Slide the stitch back onto the left needle.
5. Turn the work so that the knit side is facing.
6. Take the working yarn to the back of the work, between the needles. The stitch is now wrapped.
7. Complete the row. The needle points to the wrapped stitch.